Once you follow the steps described in Start Here section, you can notice certain changes in how you feel. Here is a quick guide on what to expect:
1. Side effects of adjusting your diet
If you’re used to a diet that’s high in processed foods, sugars, and unhealthy fats, switching to an anti-candida diet can cause some side effects. These are usually short-lived and disappear once your body adjusts to the new way of eating.
Common side effects include:
* Muscle aches and pains
* Brain fog
If you experience any of these side effects, don’t despair. They’re usually only temporary as your body adjusts to the new diet. Just be sure to drink plenty of fluids, get enough rest, and stick with it. The side effects will eventually go away and you’ll start feeling better.
One thing to note is that going cold-turkey on the anti-candida diet is not a solution. The body needs time to adjust to the dietary changes. We went to avoid a massive candida die-off all at once, as it will cause too much toxic byproducts released into the system, thus, the worsening of the symptoms. The transition should be gradual but methodical and consistent.
2. Candida die-off effect
As you begin to kill off the candida in your system, you may experience what’s called a “die-off” reaction. This is also sometimes called the “Herxheimer reaction.”
Die-off symptoms can be different for everyone, but some of the most common ones include:
* Brain fog
* Flu-like symptoms
* Worsening of the candida symptoms
Die-off reactions are a normal part of the candida treatment process. They occur because when the candida dies, they release toxins into your system that can make you feel sick.
Fortunately, there are things you can do to help lessen die-off symptoms:
- Stay hydrated – drink plenty of water, as it will help to flush out the toxins produced from candida die-off
- Get enough sleep – sleep is essential for repair and detoxification process
- Take the OTC anti-histamines – in case the flu-like symptoms are serious enough
- Protect your liver – by avoiding drinking alcohol, especially in the first few weeks. Alcohol is toxic to the body too and can overwhelm, the liver during the candida die-off stage
- Go steady on your diet – get plenty of nutrients and vitamins, and stay consistent with your dietary changes rather than quitting what you did before cold-turkey
- Get vitamin C – either from the approved foods list or in a supplement form to boost your immune system during this stage
- Drink detoxifying teas
3. Promising signs of candida balancing out
After following an anti-candida diet and treatment plan, you may start to notice some promising signs that the candida is beginning to balance out.
These signs can include:
* Increased energy levels
* Clearer thinking
* Improved digestion
* Better sleep
* Reduced sugar cravings
* Fewer yeast infections
If you’re noticing any of these signs, it’s a good indication that the candida is beginning to balance out. Keep up with the diet and treatment plan and the candida will eventually be brought back into balance.
4. The potential duration or timeline of recovery
It is important to remember that everyone is different and will therefore experience different timelines for recovery. Some people may start to feel better within a few days, while others may take a few months. Most of the die-off symptoms will intensify within the first 24 to 72 hours, after which they start to subside.
The progress will depend on how well you stick to your new diet plan and supplement regimen, as well as how much stress you experience throughout the day and the quality of your sleep.
5. The results that you can expect after candida overgrowth elimination
The results of candida overgrowth elimination vary depending on the person. However, most people will see improved energy levels, a reduction in sugar cravings, and an overall improvement in mood.
Symptoms of candida overgrowth, such as digestive problems and fatigue, may start to improve in as little as a few days.
Additionally, you may experience weight loss and a decrease in inflammation.
6. Maintenance after candida overgrowth elimination
Once you have successfully eliminated candida overgrowth from your body, it is important to maintain your results through proper maintenance. This includes following a healthy diet and lifestyle, as well as taking steps to prevent a recurrence of candida overgrowth.
You can also start reintroducing certain food groups back into your diet. That includes glutenous breads and grains, starchy vegetables and other items. You can find more information about it in the article here.